Every month, more than a quarter-million Americans turn 65.¹ As a nation that tends to place personal value on a job well done, retirement isn’t quite as appealing as it used to be. Some feel the need to work longer to afford the lifestyle they desire to lead during retirement and others fear the lack of purpose that comes with walking away from the professional world. Either way, our time-honored tradition of working hard until we reach a certain age, and then never working again, just doesn’t work for everyone anymore.
For a healthcare professional, retirement doesn’t have to mean giving up the profession you love. Many people over traditional retirement age choose to become travel professionals and move from city to city, setting their own schedule and choosing when and where they practice. Most professionals find this to be a rewarding alternative to hanging up their stethoscope, and find renewed fulfillment in sharing their insight with someone less experienced. Travel assignments can also give you a chance to explore the country and open your eyes to new cities to ultimately retire in that you couldn’t find the time to visit or afford to visit otherwise.
Soliant helps a variety of healthcare professionals including nurses, doctors and therapists find jobs in facilities from coast to coast. Our travel professionals are offered benefits, highly competitive pay and assigned an account executive who will coordinate all the details. Whether you’re knocking on retirement’s door or standing in its entryway, becoming a travel healthcare professional can help you ensure the doors of your future never close.
So, are you ready to get started? Recently, we conducted a poll for The 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the U.S. We’ve mapped out a cross-country route using these hospitals as stopping points along the way. Give us a call and let’s get started on your personal non-retirement, retirement plan!
Tour the Country while you work in some of the Country’s most beautiful hospitals!
- Summit Pacific Medical Center, Elma, Washington
- North Valley Health Center, Warren, Minnesota
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Elmhurst, Illinois
- Witham Health Services, Lebanon, Indiana
- Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, East Norriton, Pennsylvania
- Central Harnett Hospital, Lillington, North Carolina
- Gulf Coast Medical Center, Fort Myers, Florida
- Doctors Memorial Hospital, Bonifay, Florida
- St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage, Houston, Texas
- Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Carson City, Nevada
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center, Vancouver, Washington